Have you been thinking about getting into golf as an active player? Then you are probably going to need a complete golf set such as the Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set
I bet you’ve been in and out of golf equipment shops, surfing online and asking friends for recommendations in your frantic search for the right golf club set to buy.
But wait, all these are ideal places to find what you are looking for.
However, with so many options to choose from, you may be left more confused and lost, unable to decide which set to go for.
There are several basics you need to consider when buying a new golf club set. It’s not so much about brands and costs; there’s more to it.
For example, how many pieces are included in the set? What things should you avoid? What are the needs you want to meet as a golfer?
To answer all these questions and offer more insight, here is an in-depth look at what you should consider when trying to find the perfect golf set.
Plus a full review of the Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set.
- The Strata 12 piece set is designed for maximum performance right out of the box; The set includes: Driver, 3 Wood, 5 Hybrid, 6 9 Iron, PW, Putter, Stand Bag and 2 Head covers
- Woods: Lightweight 460cc forged driver that has a large sweet spot, a titanium head, and provides more forgiveness to help you hit it farther off the tee. An oversized 3 wood is forgiving with a more aerodynamic head shape for long, high flying shots
- Hybrid: A 5 Hybrid is a great alternative to difficult long irons that gives you more confidence on a variety of shots
- Irons/Wedge: Stainless steel irons (6 9 irons, PW) offer a great combination of forgiveness and control
- Putter: A mallet putter with alignment to help give you incredible accuracy
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
The Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set resembles any other professional golf set in appearance.
But truth is that it is designed more to meet the needs of someone who is just now getting their hands dirty in the game of golf.
This 12 piece set comes complete with a putter, a 460cc driver, 6-9 irons, a 5H hybrid, and a 3-wood. The clubs are beginner-friendly and incredibly easy to use.
The set also comes with a stand bag complete with shoulder straps, a cooler pocket, and a rain hood. The club heads have large sweet spots, which translates into more forgiveness shots in the event of a mishit.
Do you struggle and just can’t hit the ball right when using different types of shafts? Well, to help you with that problem, the 5H hybrid is an important part of this Callaway set meant to solve this hurdle.
If you find it hard to use a wooden shaft or an iron shaft, this hybrid club is light and long enough to use with ease. With the 5H, you can attain more distance, plus your shots will be accurate and precise.
Notice how much your performance improves when you use this set of clubs as opposed to when you are using an older set or hand me down clubs from your dad or other golf enthusiasts.
If you want to improve your game and catch up quickly towards becoming a pro golfer, then the Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set is one that’s guaranteed to get you there.
- A set that’s designed to improve your game and maximize/enhance performance
- The pack comes in a 12 piece set that includes a putter, a 460cc driver, 6-9 irons, a 5H hybrid, and a 3-wood. The set also comes with a stand bag complete with shoulder straps, a cooler pocket, and rain hood
- The different drivers fitted on these golf clubs can help you attain longer distances and achieve more accuracy
- The 5H hybrid is lighter and easier to use compared to other wooden or iron shaft golf clubs. With it, you can make more shots and gain more control
- The club heads have large sweet spots which translate into more forgiveness shots in the event of a mishit
What are the PROS and CONS
- The golf clubs in this set driver is designed to help cover a longer distance and yield consistency
- The iron shaft on this set of clubs offers great control and is very forgiving
- Purchase conveniently includes a stand bag with shoulder straps, a cooler pocket, and a rain hood
- The 5H Hybrid club is a welcome alternative that novice players can use in place of other golf clubs. This especially when you are trying to make a difficult shot
- The carry/stand bag may be a bit heavy
- The 3-wood club is below standard for most players looking for more
Things to Consider When Shopping for a Golf Club Set
There’s that one thing that gets you thinking that, ‘this is it, this is the golf set I want to buy and take home with me.’
It could be the color of the set, the variety of the pieces that come with it, or simply the brand name. But beyond that are some other crucial factors that are sure to make your purchase worthwhile.
It matters not how shallow or deep your pockets are; you must consider the price first. Most people already have a budget estimate regarding how much they are willing to spend on a golf club set.
One thing is for sure; there’s always going to be a golf club set available to suit your budget. Remember that after a couple of years, you will probably find another golf club set.
Don’t stretch your finances too thin when purchasing your first set.
Golf clubs feature different types of grips. Some come with rubber grips, wooden grips, or steel grips. You also have to consider the fact that the club size may be the same for different sets, but the grip size is different.
In this case, you find standard, mid-size, and oversized grip sizes. It helps to hold the club in your hands just to test out how it feels.
Choose that golf club that fits your hand size and one that’s the most comfortable to use.
The shaft is the long end of the club that connects to the head. Most shafts are either made of stainless steel or graphite. Stainless steel is much heavier than graphite.
If you are a beginner golfer looking for a good set of clubs, you want to go for clubs with lighter shafts. This way, you can play more, swing faster, and achieve greater distances without tiring your hands out.
It’s also advisable that you go for a shaft with more flex if you are yet to perfect your skills on the golf course. Much later, when you become better, you can choose a stiffer club.
No doubt, there’s a lot of good things in store for you if you decide to go with this Callaway Men’s Strata Complete Golf Set.
The stand bag may be a bit heavy for most people but all the same durable and convenient enough to get the job done.
This set is affordable, durable, and perfect for a beginner.
Just what you need to set off in your adventurous journey to becoming an expert golfer with a revered reputation.
Last Updated on March 2, 2023 by Paul Roger Steinberg