Choosing what type of golf shoes you should wear in a game must be hard when you don’t know the purpose of each; this is the reason why this article will focus on What are spikeless golf shoes.
What are Spikeless Golf Shoes?
As its name implies, a spikeless golf shoe does not have cleats on its sole.
More and more people are using spikeless golf shoes since they first came into the spotlight at the 2010 Masters.
Frederick Steven Couples, a former world number one in the game of golf, wore a pair of Ecco Street Premiere spikeless golf shoes during the Augusta Nationals.
After that, even a majority of the professional tour golfers prefer using this type of golf shoes.
Why Spikeless Golf Shoes?
Many more players are switching into spikeless golf shoes, and there are three reasons why: versatility, comfort, and balance.
If you still find yourself asking the question, what are spikeless golf shoes, then the best answer is that it is the epitome of versatility.
We dub Spikeless golf shoes as such because you can wear it anywhere you want without the worry of damaging the floors. That’s just like wearing regular shoes, right?
The spikeless golf shoes’ versatility is also the best reason why spikeless golf shoes should be your top choice.
Imagine the hassle that you can eliminate if you don’t need to have a separate shoe for when you leave your home and hit the golf course.
Furthermore, with a pair of spikeless golf shoes, you can walk from the 18th hole to the bar without encountering any problems!
Have you been searching about what are spikeless golf shoes? If so, let us save you some time as a pair of spikeless golf shoes is the perfect example of comfort!
Spikeless golf shoes are more comfortable to wear since they do not feature cleats protruding on the soles, which add pressure points when you stand.
The lack of spikes also makes them lighter, which gives you the advantage to move more flexibly. Therefore, if you want to feel more comfortable and lighter on the golf course, choose spikeless golf shoes!
If you want to wear shoes that you can easily maintain your balance with, you should go for spikeless golf shoes.
What are spikeless golf shoes? They are the golf shoes that can help you with your balance. Unlike with cleated golf shoes, you won’t feel elevated with spikeless golf shoes.
Seriously speaking, it feels like you are wearing wedge-heel shoes when you choose to wear a pair of spiked golf shoes, and we all know that most men are not used to that.
People who are not used to wearing high shoes will easily go out of balance. If you are one of them, you should choose spikeless golf shoes over the cleated ones.
Are you working on a tight budget, but you want to wear a good pair of golf shoes in your game? Then worry no more, for spikeless golf shoes got you covered!
Spikeless golf shoes are usually less expensive than cleated ones. However, you should note that even if they are less on the price tag, it doesn’t mean that it also applies to quality.
In terms of traction, manufacturers of spikeless golf shoes are also elevating their game by putting the so-called “dimples” on the outsoles of this type of golf shoes.
As a matter of fact, several brands are boasting about their spikeless golf shoes’ traction points. It’s just that the dimples are less costly to make than the cleats, which is why they are more affordable.
Spikeless Golf Shoes
Why do more and more people are switching to the use of spikeless golf shoes?
To understand why they do this, let us find out the benefits that you can get when wearing one!
- They are more comfortable to wear than cleated golf shoes, so if you have that lingering question, should I buy spikeless golf shoes, the answer is a big Y-E-S! Wearing a pair of spikeless golf shoes just feels like wearing an ordinary sneaker.
- Spikeless golf shoes are more lightweight, so you can be more flexible!
- Should golf shoes have spikes for you to get your needed traction? Not all! Spikeless golf shoes also offer grip though the dimples on the outsoles.
- Should I buy spikeless golf shoes if I care about being stylish? Yes! In fact, spikeless golf shoes are your best choice if you want the best of both worlds of fashion and golf! They offer more options for designs and colors with spikeless golf shoes compared with the traditional cleated golf shoes.
- What are spineless golf shoes? Well, they are the type of golf shoes that you can wear almost anywhere! If you are already tired carrying an extra pair of shoes because you can wear the traditional cleated golf shoes when you are leaving home while driving, and on the parking lot, then the answer to your question, should I buy spikeless golf shoes is yes. It can also reduce your burden since you do not have to carry an extra pair of shoes and a shoe bag anymore.
- Spikeless golf shoes are kinder on the golf course. To give you a brief history of why spikeless golf shoes are considered to be more helpful on the golf course, traditional cleated golf shoes are made with metal spikes that damage the golf course. It was really a big problem back at the time but with the rise of spikeless golf shoes. So if you want to be kinder to the golf course, then you should say no to the question, should golf shoes have spikes.
- Spikeless golf shoes might not offer the same grip when it’s wet. So, when you are the type of person who loves playing under the rain, then the answer to your question, should golf shoes have spikes, is a “yes.”
- Should golf shoes have spikes? If you are looking for long-lasting traction, then the answer here is yes.
The cleats of spiked golf shoes are replaceable while the dimples of spikeless golf shoes are not. The more that you are using them, the lesser their grip becomes in the long run.
How Good are Spikeless Golf Shoes?
There are many professional tour golfers who would choose to wear spikeless golf shoes over the cleated ones.
Yes, you read that right, and it makes you wonder how good are spikeless golf shoes that it reached this point of popularity among professional golf players.
Let us find out by looking at the top spikeless golf shoes in the market!
How good are spikeless golf shoes when it comes to playing in bad weather?
Well, these certain spikeless golf shoes are a perfect match for those players who would not be hindered by any weather.
The Adidas Adipower 4orges S golf shoes are highly water-repellent that is made possible by Adidas’ very own Climastorm technology.
Also, it is very breathable so it can keep your feet fresh even after playing under the bright sun.
The Adidas Adipower 4orged S golf shoes also debunk the question, should golf shoes have spikes.
Because it lets you play even on waterlogged surfaces, which is achieved because of the Puremotion spikeless outsole.
So, if ever you are going to ask how good are spikeless golf shoes by rating them from one to ten; this one is undoubtedly a ten!
How good are spikeless golf shoes when it comes to durability?
If this is your concern, then the durability of the Ecco Biom Hybrid 2 Hydromax can just make you go wow!
It is made of yak leather which is one of the toughest and durable leather in the world.
This leather makes sure that your golf shoes will remain abrasion-free even if you step onto any course!
Also, if you are going to ask about what are spikeless golf shoes, specifically this one.
Then the answer to that is it is the best pair of spikeless golf shoes that you will ever lay your hands on. This is because of the tour-grade traction that it can offer you.
So, bid your farewells to the traditional cleated golf shoes that make you look weird on walking.
Because you don’t need them anymore to make a hard swing on your golf club!
Now that you know what are spikeless golf shoes and what it can offer you. You can now decide on what type of golf shoes you should wear on the golf course.
You should just remember to always consider your needs.
If you want to walk more comfortably, feel more lightweight, a pair of golf shoes that are stylish and can be worn anywhere, then go spikeless!
Last Updated on November 10, 2020 by Paul Roger Steinberg