If you want to extend the life of your FootJoy footwear, you should be asking yourself how to clean FootJoy golf shoes.
Like any other golf equipment and merchandise, it needs utmost care and attention.
The good news is that you don’t need to figure it out alone because we’ll cover all the things you need to get started.
How to Clean Footjoy Golf Shoes
Buying a golf shoe can be expensive but also worth it, especially if you’re getting it from one of the best golf shoe brands in the market.
If you want them to last, regular cleaning and maintenance is key – good footjoy shoe care can help extend the life of your beloved footwear.
But there are maintenance aspects for your expensive golf shoe to last.
With that, you need to start practicing the basic guidelines in terms of how to clean FootJoy golf shoes.
Not only that, but you also have to be familiar with how to care for FootJoy golf shoes.
Cleaning FootJoy golf shoes isn’t as difficult as it may seem. With the right products – like FootJoy Shoe Cleaner – it’s a breeze! Begin by removing any dirt or debris from around the sole and upper with a soft cloth or brush.
Then spray on some cleaner and wipe off excess dirt before letting them air dry completely. For extra shine, apply a layer of leather conditioner after they’re clean and dry.
When caring for your footjoys, prevention is better than cure! To avoid scuffs and stains in the first place, use water-resistant sprays when exposed to rain or wet conditions during play.
You should also make sure that your feet stay cool by using moisture-wicking socks which will reduce sweat build up inside your shoe.
In short, keeping your Footjoy looking great doesn’t have to be hard work – just follow these simple steps regularly to ensure that your favorite golfer’s gear looks its best game after game!
Golf Shoes Cleaning Guidelines
After a round of playing golf, a muddy or sandy golf shoe isn’t a new view for you.
It does not even include the grass and other particles your golf shoes picked up. Indeed, cleaning your golf shoes may be dirty work.
Additionally, apart from knowing how to clean FootJoy golf shoes is to check the shoe material.
You might need to use a different approach when dealing with golf shoes made of leather, synthetic materials, or mesh.
Cleaning a white golf shoe would also be different from cleaning darker colored shoes.
It’s also a different scenario when you accidentally soaked them in water. Besides, are FootJoy golf shoes waterproof?
But before anything else, remember that cleaning your golf shoes right after the game is essential if you want it to last longer.
Besides this, here are the other things that you need to follow on how to care for FootJoy golf shoes based on the type of material used.
Cleaning Leather or Synthetic Leather Golf Shoes
- Soak a towel or soft cloth to a mixture of mild soap and water or a shoe cleaner.
- Using the towel, remove any dirt or residue you can find in your golfing shoes.
- Allow it to air dry at room temperature.
- Reminder on how to clean FootJoy golf shoes: Never soak your shoes directly on the cleaner as this can damage your golf shoe’s material.
Spikes and Outsoles
- Remove the grass and wipe away the dirt from the outsoles with the same mixture that you used for the uppers.
- If you’re using golf shoes with spikes, unscrew each one, if necessary, to reach other trapped dirt.
- Besides the usual soap and water mixture, apply a white shoe cleaner.
- Cracks and dirt are more evident in white leather shoes. Thus, focus on areas with unwanted scuff marks.
- White shoe cleaners could also help condition the leather materials, so make sure to buy only from reputable golf stores.
- Use a golf shoe cleaner to make sure that your golf shoes will be dirt-free.
- For proper maintenance, apply a shoe cream as well. Since shoe creams come with various colors, get the most appropriate one depending on your golf shoes.
Before we even get on this part, you might be wondering, are FootJoy golf shoes waterproof? The simple answer is no.
With that, here are the things you should remember when cleaning your wet shoes
- Clean the shoes quickly after being soaked during your game.
- Place newspapers inside your shoes. Please wait for a couple of hours and let it absorb all the excess water.
- Remove the crumpled newspapers then place FootJoy Cedar Shoe Trees. Given cedar’s absorption properties, your uppers will be back to its standard shape in no time. The remaining water and foul smell will be absorbed as well.
Other than these, one of the best ways on how to care for FootJoy golf shoes is to treat them with leather conditioners or leather oil.
These golf shoe treatments allow your footwear to look clean and new. Just apply a small amount of leather conditioner or oil to your uppers and outsoles.
It’s also incredibly beneficial if you love wearing white golf shoes. You’ll be needing this after knowing that no is the answer to, are FootJoy golf shoes waterproof.
Cleaning Mesh Golf Shoes
Still, on the topic of the basic guidelines on how to clean FootJoy golf shoes, you can choose between two options when dealing with mesh.
You can either do it through a handwash or a cleaning machine.
Handwash Mesh Shoes Cleaning
- With a mixture of warm water and mild laundry detergent or liquid dish soap, soak your FootJoy golf shoes.
- For excess dirt, scrub the mesh using a soft cloth or soft-bristled brush.
- Remove the soap residue using a cloth dampened with cold water.
- Allow it to be air-dry indoors or in a shaded area.
Machine Mesh Shoes Cleaning
- Remove your shoelaces and the inner soles, whenever possible.
- Similar to handwashing your mesh shoes, dampen a soft cloth with warm water and soap. Wipe your mesh shoes lightly.
- For tougher stains, you can use a soft-bristled brush.
- Get a mesh washing bag, place your FootJoy golf shoes and laces, and wash them in a gentle cycle.
- Allow it to be air-dry indoors or in a shaded area. If you need it to be dried quickly, newspapers could help absorb the moisture. Leave it for half an hour.
- Remove the wet newspapers and place FootJoy Cedar Shoe Trees while still damp.
Footjoy Golf Shoe Care Tips For Starters
If you noticed, we’ve mentioned several times in the previous section that golf shoes should be air-dried indoors or in a shaded area after cleaning them.
Part of how to clean FootJoy golf shoes is not putting them directly in an external heat source.
That’s a no, no, whether it concerns direct sunlight or blow dryers. Too much heat may damage your shoe outsoles and uppers.
Likewise, by now, you know the answer to this: are FootJoy golf shoes waterproof? So, you should follow the same guideline when drying your golf shoes after being soaked in rainwater.
As part of maintenance, we also recommend you to have two pairs of golf shoes, if and when your budget allows.
Rotating your golf shoes between rounds can help your footwear extend its life compared to just using one.
Make it a habit to inspect your golf spikes as well. Do it as frequently as possible, which means checking it after every round. This way, you would also know if you need to replace them.
The inside of your shoes is also equally important.
Thus, depending on how you frequently wear your golf shoes, you can opt to change your insoles once or twice per season. Consider its appearance.
Does it look flat? Can you see heavy toe marks? Have the insoles lost their bounce and firmness?
If you’ve answered yes to more than one of these, maybe it’s about time to get them changed.
Now, in terms of proper storage, here are three essential things to keep in mind:
- Stop storing your golf shoes in a car trunk. Again, high temperatures can affect your shoe materials and consequently shorten their lifespan.
- Consider using Footjoy Cedar Shoe Trees. Leave them on your shoes every time you’re not using them.
- Keep your shoes safe in a golf shoe bag. Always have it around so you can place your footwear here while waiting for your game. Find a well-ventilated design for moisture and bacteria build-up prevention.
For starters, these guidelines concerning how to clean FootJoy golf shoes may be a bit time-consuming and tiring.
But if you want to get the most of your FootJoy golf shoes, cleaning and maintaining them will always be part of the equation.
How To Clean White Footjoy Golf Shoes
Do you want to look like a professional golfer? Do you have Footjoy golf shoes that are starting to look dingy and worn out from all the rounds of golf you’ve played this season?
Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Cleaning your white Footjoy golf shoes is easier than you may think. With just a few simple steps, your shoes will be looking as good as new in no time at all.
1. Gathering Supplies For Cleaning
First things first, gather up all the necessary supplies for cleaning. You’ll want a soft brush or cloth, FootJoy white cleaner, some warm water, mild soap, shoe polish and a dry towel.
These tools will make it easier for you to remove dirt and stains from your shoes. Make sure that everything is ready before beginning the process as this can save time in the long run.
2. Preparing The Shoes For Cleaning
Now that you have your supplies ready and on hand, it’s time to get your white Footjoy golf shoes prepped for cleaning.
Before starting the process of getting them clean, be sure to use a soft cloth or brush to remove any dirt from the surface of the shoe. This will not only make it easier for you to get into all those nooks and crannies but also ensure that you don’t damage the material while scrubbing.
If there are any stubborn stains, try using some warm water mixed with mild detergent to spot-clean those areas. Only work in circular motions and avoid rubbing too harshly as this could cause discoloration or fading.
Additionally, if the laces need a good cleaning too, soak them in a solution of warm water and laundry detergent before rinsing thoroughly.
Once everything is cleaned up nicely, allow the shoes to air dry at room temperature before putting them away or wearing them again.
3. Applying Cleaning Solutions To The Shoes
So, you’ve prepped your white FootJoy golf shoes for cleaning. Now it’s time to apply the chosen cleaning solutions like a Footjoy white cleaner!
It’s a good idea to always follow instructions on any product packaging when using chemical cleaners — this will ensure that you get the best results without damaging your shoes.
Using these products correctly can make all the difference in keeping your white FootJoy golf shoes looking their best over time.
Leather conditioners are especially important since they nourish and protect leather surfaces while also providing them with a nice sheen that won’t wear away too quickly. Once applied, buff out any excess product until you achieve the desired finish then allow your shoes to air dry completely before wearing again.
It’s important to remember that regular maintenance can go a long way in preserving your white Footjoy golf shoes. Make sure you take care of spills and messes as soon as they happen instead of waiting for them to dry up first; this will reduce the chances of permanent staining or discoloration occurring.
Additionally, try not to wear your white Footjoy golf shoes during inclement weather if possible – it’ll save time spent on deep-cleaning later down the line!
Can You Put Footjoy Golf Shoes In The Washing Machine
Never put your Footjoy golf shoes in a washing machine! Washing machines are designed specifically for clothing and not golf shoes which have different materials that could be damaged by high temperatures or harsh detergents.
Instead use warm water and mild dish soap to create suds – this is an effective way to get rid of dirt, mud and grime from the outside of the shoe. Be sure to avoid abrasive scrubbing as this may damage the material on the upper part of the shoe.
Once they’ve been cleaned, allow your shoes to air dry naturally away from direct heat sources such as radiators or sun exposure – this will prevent any cracking or fading of the surfaces.
If desired, you can also stuff each shoe with newspaper before allowing them to fully dry so that they maintain their shape throughout the process.
With these steps done correctly, you’ll soon see your favorite pair of Footjoy golf shoes back in tip top condition!
When Is the Time to Get A New Pair?
It’s inevitable for your golf shoes to be subjected to wear and tear. But with regular and proper cleaning and maintenance, you’ll surely enjoy your FootJoy golf shoes for years.
However, it would help if you also take note that sometimes, cleaning your shoes won’t simply be enough.
Well, mainly if you habitually throw your shoes in your car trunk or golf bag after each game, leave it as is for couple more days before cleaning them.
If it was part of your habit and you’re feeling a little off-balance when swinging, noticing soles are worn down, or experiencing some water seeping in your shoes, you need to get a new one.
You could also check each aspect of your golf shoes like spikes, treads, cleats, and insoles for confirmation.
Once you decided that indeed, you need to buy a new pair, remember how to clean, maintain, and store them properly.
You wouldn’t want to commit the same mistakes again, right?
Clean it Now or Regret Later!
Cleaning Footjoy golf shoes can be a challenging task, but with the right tools and techniques, it doesn’t have to be. Taking the time to properly care for your shoes will help them last longer and keep you looking stylish on the course.
To start, use a stiff brush or cloth to remove dirt from any visible areas of your golf shoes. Then, apply shoe cleaner or a mild soap solution and gently scrub away any additional grime.
After that’s done, rinse off the soapy residue with lukewarm water and let the shoes air dry completely before wearing them again.
Finally, treat your FootJoy with conditioner or waterproofing spray to protect them against future wear and tear.
By following these simple steps, I’m sure you Footjoy golf shoes will look as good as new in no time!
Not only will they stay clean longer, but they’ll also maintain their shape better than ever before.
Plus, taking proper care of my footwear ensures that I always look my best when out on the links – something every golfer should strive for!
So don’t forget: if you want your FootJoy to perform at their peak level each season, make sure you take some extra time to give them a thorough cleaning once in awhile.
Last Updated on May 25, 2023 by Paul Roger Steinberg